Friday, November 19, 2010

My Resignation Will Not Be Televised














Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Change is a wonderful thing. At the end of this month on November 30, 2010 I will be leaving my post as environmental director of Save the Waves Coalition. I've decided that it's time to move on to new horizons. It's been an epic ride and I am profoundly and forever grateful to the many awesome people I've met through this amazing experience called Save the Waves.

I often question the meaning of our hyper-active and ultra-connected world of networking, texting and conference calling -- all bookended by 200 emails a day. I envision a better, slower, and less-stressed world and I strongly believe we will not find it through this constant movement of meetings, rushing, computers and traffic. This better world I dream of is less wired and also less wireless. It involves less engines and more free time; less money but more simplicity. My own personal search for this place started a long time ago, but to kick-start it farther I'm disappearing for several months: no phone, office or internet. Mostly just lots of sun.

Please don't poke, yelp, link, dig, friend, bookmark, pimp, post or tag me while I'm gone.

I'm soon shipping off to the warm waters of the Atlantic with my delightful girlfriend and swim fins, surfboard, spear gun, sailboat and flip flops: we're unplugging for a few months to become one with the Universe and make some new friends. Will probably be home later to do some laundry. 

Much love, 

Josh Berry 








Attention fun seekers: get naked and find a backyard swing on a tropical island.